Effective date: September 1, 2019
Sheet Happens Publishing Inc. (“Sheet Happens”, "we", "us", or "our") operates the www.sheethappenspublishing.com website (hereinafter the “Website”) in connection with our music book products and services (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the "Services").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our Services. By using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- “Personal Data” means data or information about a living identifiable individual or such other similar term used in applicable legislation.
- “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Cookies” are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Personal Data is, or is to be, processed.
- “Data Processor” (or “Service Provider”) means any natural or legal person who processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- “Data Subject” (or “User”) is any living individual who is using our Services and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send to you.
We may also collect information on how the Services are accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages relating to our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier.
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services. Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Sheet Happens uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To assist you in entering into a contest or competition
- To contact you via surveys in order to conduct research about potential new services that may be offered to you
- To contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you
- To deliver customized content and advertising to you
- To enable third party payment provider to process your payment transactions in relation to our Services]
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Access to your Personal Data
Sheet Happens understands that you may want to know what Personal Data we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. To protect your Personal Data, however, we require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. When you make a request in person, we will require you to produce some form of photo identification such as a passport or a driver's license and you will be asked to sign a request form. Where you make a request by other means, we require the request be made in writing by letter including a notarized copy of a government issued identification and signature.
The above information is required to create an audit trail of how the request has been handled. Where a request is made, any correspondence or application may be kept and added to your Personal Data file.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Sheet Happens may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Sheet Happens may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Sheet Happens
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail and other online communications. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending information to us by e-mail or online. We strongly recommend that you do not include any sensitive or confidential information (e.g. credit card information) when using e-mail or communicating with us online.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Sheet Happens aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about the Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Sheet Happens relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third-party Service Providers to facilitate our Services, provide the Services on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
When you place an order on our Website, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their Privacy Policies. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services, or your use of them.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.